Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

MIMM #2...on Tuesday


So I know I'm a day late on this, but I was up until 3 last night studying 0_0 so I didn't exactly have time for this post. But since my first genetics exam is now over, now I do! 

I am so happy to be done with my first round of exams for this semester...back to a more normal routine where I actually have time for some things I enjoy :)

Even though I was in studying-mode yesterday (and all weekend) I still got some marvelous things in.

My study break this weekend was going grocery shopping. I'm a total nerd for grocery shopping...I love it! I love doing it and I love having a fully stocked fridge afterwards!
Yay!
 I skipped work yesterday so I could get some extra studying in, and while home I got some food prep in while studying. Well, it didn't prove to be an effective way to study, but I'm still very happy I got a bunch of it done...it will make the rest of the week much easier.

Roasted veggies
Big bowl of homemade hummus...a girls best friend ;)

My first attempt at kale chips...I love it.

Chicken + tilapia...I need new tupperware -_-

Iced coffee for the week
I also got to enjoy some delicious meals with my love <3
Southwest egg cups + toast
My love made me dinner while I was studying...so sweet of him. Feta & turkey meatballs with spaghetti squash and garlic pita bread.

An amazing new snack I came up with: PB and "jelly" cottage cheese. "Jelly" = mashed blueberries
 Over the weekend I fell head over heals in love with a new dessert concept...homemade fro-yo! I was inspired by stacieeleep on instagram. So far I've made 3 different fro-yo concoctions and every one has been delicious!
My first, and so far favorite, attempt. Pumpkin Pie fro yo! Greek yogurt with vanilla protein  powder topped with one of my pumpkin pie blondies and almond butter. It tasted like pumpkin pie!
Tropical fro-yo: greek yogurt with mango, pineapple and coconut. Topped with fresh strawberries and Trader Joe's-O's

Greek yogurt with vanilla protein powder topped with a Kashi chocolate square and PB2
 I can't wait to try more combinations...there is just no turning back after you've made your own fro-yo :)

Lastly, on Friday my love surprised me when I came home from work and he started painting our room. When we moved in here our room was hideously painted green and purple...we called it the hulk room. Awful, just awful. Well, he went out and got paint and surprised me. He finished in Monday and it looks SO much better!! I will post pictures later, but this was definitely a marvelous surprise this weekend.


Well, that's it for now. I suppose I should get some sleep, seeing as I only got four hours last night ^_^


With love,


Tuffy



No comments:

Post a Comment