Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIAW #4


Well hello there :) Seems odd doing a post 2 days in a row, not that I wouldn't love to more often, it's just sometimes hard to find the time. But I love WIAW so I must make time. There've been a few weeks that I take pictures of my food so I could do one of these babies, but by the end of the day I just couldn't find the time (but I have been pretty busy and studying like a mad woman lately). I'm still loving this theme, and even though I've been a little stressed lately due to homework and studying I have still made healthy choices. This is a pretty big thing for me, because I tend to seek comfort in food -_-. Also, 2 weeks ago tomorrow I made the goal to go 2 weeks with making healthy food choices with no "cheating" (blech, I hate that word =/). And I did it! I'm really so proud of myself :)

Before I start, I got my new polar FT4 today!!! OMG I'm so excited. Seriously, it's not even funny. I can't way to play with it and use it :D I feel like a kid in a candy shop hehe. 

Anyways, onto the food. 

This morning started by me making lunch for my love and I. For my love I made a huge chicken sandwich. Seriously, I had trouble fitting it in the baggie. In it was: homemade chili garlic hummus, spinach, 2 chicken tenders, peppers, avocado, and sriracha. Looked delicious! (was confirmed later by him)

And here's my stack of food I brought to work with me (including my snack):
Allll for me :)
Here's my lunch closer up:
Quinoa, roasted veggies, and vegetarian refried beans (topped off with Trader Joe's hot sauce!)

I absolutely love this. Cottage cheese with 1/2 scoop chocolate whey, 1 tbsp PB2, and half a banana. Oh. My. Gosh. 
My snack was the fruit (in the picture above), plus a quest bar:
PB&J Quest bar
This was my first time ever having one of these babies, and I was beyond excited. I had been hearing so much about these, so my expectations were pretty high. My plan was to eat this on the way home. Yeah, that didn't happen. I was initially slightly disappointed, because the bar was so hard that I practically had to gnaw on it to get a bite. So I set it down and resolved to warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds when I got home. I figured since I kept seeing people say they liked theirs warmed up it couldn't hurt anything. Once warmed up, this bar was actually quite good. Also, upon getting home and feeling the two other flavors I bought I resolved that it was just this PB&J flavor that was so hard to eat. The other bars I got feel softer, plus I feel like when I grabbed this bar in the store it looked like one of the less popular flavors. 

Tonight for dinner I made something for my love and his best friend. We were all pretty happy afterwards :)

Bacon-wrapped honey BBQ chicken, butternut squash, broccoli + green bean saute.
Yummmmy. And lastly, I'm currently working on eating this piece of beauty:
PB2 fro yo topped with Fiber 1 brownie and chocolate PB2
Mmmm. This whole concept is definitely my new favorite way to eat yogurt! And I know that the fiber 1 brownies aren't the very best thing to eat since they are probably fairly processed. But, we have a lot of these that need to be used up and I needed something to top my yogurt.


I hope you all enjoyed your food today <3


With love,


Tuffy

No comments:

Post a Comment