Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Marvelous Monday #1


Unfortunately my internet was out last night so I wasn't able to make this post, and I was really looking forward to making my first Marvelous Monday post! So rather than postpone it another week I'm posting it on Tuesday :)

My busy Monday was spent reminiscing my lovely weekend. My weekend was kicked off Saturday morning by going to coffee with my love and our pups. Treating ourselves to coffee is one of our favorite things to do on the weekend, and we recently found a new place that is quickly becoming our new favorite place. It was opened up by a young family who was tired of the only coffee place in their neighborhood being Starbucks (sounds like our type of people!). So they opened up their own place. They have good coffee, they're super friendly, and it's just a very good and inviting atmosphere.

My love and our pups. Duddy up top, Chloe on bottom.
Me and our pups. I love the look on their faces.
After coffee I headed to the gym for some cardio and my first 1.5 hour yoga class. I loved it. It was challenging and relaxing and just wonderful. Will def be going back for it. After the gym I made the most delicious protein shake...black forest cake. Omg it was seriously so delicious. I got the idea from Joneacie on InstaGram to use tea as a smoothie base. So I used cherry pomegranate tea by Good Earth and some unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I added a scoop of chocolate whey protein, frozen cherries, ice, spinach, and some oats. And this was the finished product:
Black Forest Cake Protein Shake
Once I downed my shake, it was time to go to one of my favorite places for our friends birthday dinner...Fire Fly.
My love and I, on our way

Us with the birthday boy and his girl <3



Berry infused vodka martini (mine) + Watermelon Mojito (his)
And the very best part of all (other than spending the night with our friends, of course):
The food!
From top left: eggplant cannelloni (eggplant stuffed with goat cheese), stuffed dates (my favorite!), Tierra y Mar skewers (chicken, shrimp, chorizo), and lastly tuna tar tare (oh my this is seriously amazing...reminds me of Poke bowls from Venice Beach...mmm!). 

And that's it...Sunday was just a chill day for us. Did some grocery shopping and hung out with our families. I hope everyone else had something marvelous to think about on Monday as well :)


With love,

Tuffy

No comments:

Post a Comment