Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIAW #2

Yay for another WIAW! :) I hope all you other WIAWers had good Wednesdays as well.

Here's my eats from yesterday:

My lunch all packed up and ready to go
Lunch: Salad + yogurt + mixture of blueberries and cherries.
Up close & personal
My salad consisted of: spinach, mixed greens, various veggies (cucumber, onion, tomato, mushroom), lentils (which were cooked with garlic and onion), quinoa, feta, and fat free italian dressing. Plus my Trader Joe's 0% Greek yogurt + 1 tbsp flax and my fruit to round it out :)

Snacks!
I love this chocolate almond coconut Mojo bar...mmmm. Plus, still loving my ranch with hot sauce + veggies <3
Healthy gyro
The other day I had a craving for gyros, and I thought to myself: you know what, I bet I can make gyros healthier. Oh my gosh. I was so happy with they way this turned out. I looked up a recipe to season chicken and to make a healthy Tzatziki sauce. I think I need to do a bit of tweaking before I post my recreated healthy gyros, but considering this was my first go at them I was really happy. My boyfriend even said that this was like a comparable healthy version of his favorite Halal place in NYC (sweet!) and asked that this join our regular rotation of meals. And of course we had to top it with some Sriracha for a little zing ;) I also made a Greek inspired salad on the side:

This was just mixed greens, lots of cucumber, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke, onion, and feta.

And for dessert I threw together this delicious-ness...
Cinnamon Apple oat bowl
Again, I was really happy with the way this came out. I just kind of threw together stuff that sounded good and ended up with this. My boyfriend even asked for one tonight! I'll eventually post a recipe for this too, once I get it down pat. But it's basically just oats, chocolate pb2, apple, cinnamon, apple saucce, and brown rice crispy cereal.

And that's it for my 2nd WIAW...I was very happy with my new creations yesterday :)

With love,

Tuffy

2 comments:

  1. I love that you packed all your meals. I'm going to need more direction on your gyro. I want to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) For sure, I definitely plan on posting the recipe within the next week...I just want to play with the recipe a bit. If you end up trying it, let me know what you think!

      Delete