Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

MIMM #3


Hey, look at that -- it's actually Monday! This may be the first time I'm successfully posting this on Monday.

Anyways, today "marvelous" is all about the little things for me. Since I worked all weekend and had a super busy day today (worked nonstop until 2, left for class, ate in the car, got home at 5ish), it's the small but marvelous things I look for.

Well, a few weeks ago I made a goal to go 2 weeks of healthy eating and making good choices without any slip-ups or treats/cheats (my love actually decided to join me on this as well). The 2 week mark was last Thursday, and not only did I make it, but I went 2 extra days. I'm really proud of myself, as I don't think I've gone more than a week without any slip-ups in a really long time. So the fact that I went 2 weeks is just awesome! On Saturday my love and I had a planned treat meal (NOT cheat...I will expand on this idea later!) and it was marvelous, lemme tell you.
Treat meal!
This consisted of (clockwise from top left): bacon wrapped dates (SO good!); macadamia crusted chicken (inspired by a meal I've had at Kona Grill), bacon wrapped steak, and Hungry Girl's butternut-cauliflower-potato bake (actually pretty healthy); Yogurtland!! Mine was a mix of white chocolate macadamia nut, french vanilla, cheesecake, and pineapple guava topped with white chocolate macadamia nut crumble, cookie doe, mochi, and yogurt chips; wine that really wasn't that good, and my love and I!

Not only did I wait 2 weeks to have this amazing treat meal, but it also did not trigger me to eat everything else I could find (which is usually the case). The next day I went right back to eating healthy. Something else that I'm proud of :)

Sunday was rather non-eventful. Just work, visiting my dad briefly, and going to the gym. I cam home and did some food prep. My love was super full from eating with his family, so I was on my own for dinner. I took this opportunity to make a yummy breakfast for dinner (I love doing this! reminds me of being a kid lol).

Breakfast dinner
This dinner consisted of leftover squash bake topped with a whole egg; roasted veggies and egg white scramble, whole grain toast, and half of a cinnamon roll oatmeal cake (from Chocolate Covered Katie).

Like I said earlier, today was super busy at work. Mostly because I had to leave by 2 to go to class, so I had to squeeze everything in before then. Tomorrow is just going to be nuts though! By the time I left work I was starving, and this little guy was very comforting:

My protein PB&J
Something else that reminds me of being a little kid. Just a little more grown up. Some protein powder added to PB2 to give it a little bit more protein. The "J" is just fresh strawberries mashed together. So much better and fresher tasting than the stuff out of the jar. 

And now I'm painting my nails, which is most definitely marvelous since it's been a few weeks!

I hope you all had marvelous Monday's as well <3


With love,


Tuffy

No comments:

Post a Comment