Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIAW #7

Happy WIAW everyone! One of my favorite days of the week , probably next to Friday hehe :)


Spooky Snacks and Healthy Halloween Treats


Since its pumpkin season right now (well, at least it is if you ask me!), first I want to talk about one of my recent ah-may-zing pumpkin creations:
Stacked pumpkin french toast
I made this for lunch over the weekend...good does not even describe it. When making the french toast I added sugar free pumpkin spice coffee mate, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a dash of ginger to the egg mixture. I cooked it like normal (in a bit of coconut oil). Between layers (and on the top slice) and spread Trader Joe's pumpkin butter and PB2 (which I made using the pumpkin spice coffee mate). And then topped it off with a bit of sugar free syrup. Some easy and delicious pumpkin goodness <3

On to today's eats!
Lunch
This morning I just threw together a bunch of stuff for a quick stir fry: ground turkey, broccoli slaw, spinach, feta, and artichoke antipasta spread from Trader Joe's. I put all that on top of some spaghetti squash and topped it off with some hot sauce at work. You can still see the steam in the picture haha :)
Red Velvet Cafe's oatmeal raisin cookie sandwich
Here in Vegas Red Velvet Cafe makes absolutely phenomenal (mostly vegan) desserts. They also have good food, but the desserts is where it's really at. All of their cakes and cookies are supposedly under 200 calories. I don't know how she does it, but it's incredible. My mom surprised me with one of these at work...it was so good I almost forgot to take a picture ^_^

I got off work early and decided to do some food prep. I got super hungry in the middle of it so I decided to share a few of the things I made with my love.

Zucchini fritter topped with lite mozarella and sriracha
Recipe from Meg
Apple peanut butter protein muffin
Recipe from Vevian

Both were very yummy!

For dinner I made something super simple and inspired by my mommy <3 
My love and I have coined it "Mama V's chicken and rice"

And for dessert we decided to take a trip to Golden Spoon...we got one of those "buy one get one" texts and couldn't resist :)

Pumpkin pie & graham cracker swirl, Pecans and Praline, and Vanilla Malt. All topped off with a bit of graham cracker crumbs.
So happy with this decision haha, I love me some pumpkin flavored anything ;)


I hope you all had an awesome Wednesday!


With love,


Tuffy


No comments:

Post a Comment