Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

[TUFF]y Reviews

Whew, it's been a while. It's hard to keep up with a blog on top of school and work. But I love it, so I'm going to keep trying to find ways to work it in :)

One of the idea's I had when I started this was to review products. Since I'm always getting and trying new things I thought it would be a cool thing to do. In fact, I have a list of things I want to review. The problem is finding the time. Well today I want to start and I'm calling it [TUFF]y Reviews as a wordplay on "tough reviews", done by none other than Tuffy ;) I know. I'm a dork. It's okay, I've accepted this about myself at this point in life! Ha :p



So for my first ever [TUFF]y Reviews I want to review the Bestowed box from last month. I know, I know. I'm a month late. I actually just got this month's box yesterday, but I will get to that one later.

I found out about Bestowed boxes from the lovely, amazing, inspiring, beautiful Gina (aka The Fitnessista). I love her blog! Anyways, I saw her mention getting this box full of goodies in the mail one day. I was sitting with my boyfriend at the time and as soon as I saw it I was telling him about how cool that was. He immediately told me that I should do it and that it seemed like the perfect thing for someone like me. That was all I needed to be convinced to try it out. So you might be wondering what exactly Bestowed is. Bestowed is a service that you pay $15 a month for, and on the 15th of every month they send you a box full of new products to try (ok, so you actually only get 5-6 items, but still! It's awesome.). I know there are tons of companies out there that do this, but Bestowed happened to be the first one I had ever heard of. And I just thought it was the most amazing idea ever. I look forward to my little box every month, always wondering what they will give me next. I get to try products that I've never heard of, or maybe have just never bought before. And at least I get a little sample of it to know whether or not I actually want to go buy it. Anyways, I'm done ranting about what Bestowed is, so now I'll tell you about what they sent me last month.

The whole box
I failed at taking pictures of everything, so I'll just start with what I did take a picture of.

Hail Merry almonds
Hail Merry almonds: These were really  good!! They were vanilla maple flavored and the taste was super yummy. I normally stay away from any sort of coated nut for a few reasons. 1. They tend to have extra stuff added to them and have lots of unneeded sugar. 2. I have a really hard time controlling myself with them. Usually coated nuts are so delicious that I can't stop myself and before I know it half the bag is gone. These guys were different though. I wish I took a picture of the back, because now I can't remember the exact details. But I do remember that the calories were around 170 or so and there wasn't a lot of sugar or other added stuff. They didn't have a "heavy" taste to them, which I feel like a lot of coated nuts get just because there's all sorts of sugar and other things added to the coating to make them taste amazing. If I find these in a store I'd totally be down for buying some of these. They are a great little snack that is in a controlled portion.

Plentils
Plentils:  These were amazing! I'd never had lentil chips before (although I have seen them around), and these did not disappoint. First of all, the stats are awesome. 100 calories, no trans/sat fats, no sugars, reasonable sodium. Second, they tasted soooo good. I love garlic. and parmesan. These were the perfect combination. They were light and not greasy at all. My boyfriend said they tasted like a healthy version of funions. I'm not sure where to buy these, but if I ever find them they are definitely coming home with me. 

Kashi chocolate square
Kashi soft-baked chocolate square: Normally I love Kashi products. This...not so much. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't amazing. It was a cool idea because it was made using black beans, which I've never seen in a packaged product before. But it just didn't impress me that much. The stats aren't overly impressive. Honestly, it didn't really taste different than the Fiber One 90 calorie brownies and they are probably pricier. It's not something I would buy on my own.

Sunbutter: This was just your average sunflower seed butter. But it was my first time having it. I really liked it, it was like a combination of almond butter and sunflower seeds. I don't really buy nut butters much (I usually stick to PB2), but if I wanted something a little different this is definitely something I would go for.

Somersault Snack Co. Crunch Somersaults: I really didn't know what to think of these when I saw them in the box. To be honest I didn't even know what they were. After opening up the package and trying a few, it no longer mattered what they were because they were just so delicious. It was like a combination of granola and nuts and...I don't really know. But they were so good! And their made out of sunflower seeds! I can't remember much about the stats other than they were about 140 calories. If I ever see these I will buy them for sure!

Kind Oats & Honey Clusters: I really liked this granola, the stats looked pretty good from what I can remember, and it didn't taste like it was loaded with sugar or honey or something. It was fairly light tasting but was still a yummy granola. I don't buy granola often, it's another one of those things I have a hard time controlling myself around, but if I were to buy granola this would definitely be at the top of my list.


Well, that's it. That's all that was in my box last month. Overall, I was really happy with everything I got. I just got my new box yesterday and I'm super excited to start using all the stuff in it, and I can't wait to share everything!


With love,


Tuffy




No comments:

Post a Comment